Monday, April 4, 2016

Asparagus Labneh Tart

I’m almost always running late, which I hate. This is something I am constantly working on. Some days/weeks are great but some days/weeks, it’s bad.



Also, I am quite messy. I have mess lying around everywhere.The other day, I was done. I was sick of having crap everywhere so I cleaned the house, cleaned out my purse. And then, I made this beautiful tart.
This super easy and utterly delicious Asparagus and Labneh Tart.
Maybe it was the magical, beautiful asparagus that inspired me. That was calling my name. Maybe it’s because it’s spring and the weather is starting to warm up again and I have no time for messy and unorganized.

I want to be my best self this summer.
And this tart kinda gave me hope that I can do it. And you can too.
Totally inspired by Martha Stewart's recipe..  but I added this chilli and garlic infused olive oil for an extra kick and I also Labneh which we had recently got from the Global Village in Dubai. This is a special Labneh infused with pomegranate. Its a recipe from Palestine. But if you don't have Labneh use any cheese you like.
So you see guys. I made the recipe healthy too! Yay!! 
I hope you give this one a try!
Asparagus Labneh Tarts


Duration
40 Mins
Preparation
15 Mins
Cooking
25 Mins
Yields
6 Tarts

Ingredients

1 sheet (14 oz) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
450 gm baby asparagus
1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
3 tbsp chilli and garlic infused olive oil (I make mine at home)
3/4 cup labneh/ ricotta
Some salad to serve

Method

Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Cut the pastry into 4" squares and place on the prepared baking tray. Prick each square with a fork 
Place pastry on prepared tray. Using a small knife, make a 1/2 cm border around edge of pastry (be careful not to cut right through).
 Drizzle the Chilli and Garlic infused Olive oil on the top. Arrange asparagus, in a single layer, over pastry. Add some peas to it. 
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or till the pastry turns golden brown. Let it cool on a rack for 5 mins. Take a teaspoon and add some blobs of labneh/ricotta on the tart. Serve with salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment